SemanticBits is looking to hire a talented software developer who can help us build the next generation clinical applications.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, a fast learner and passionate about building good software. He or she has a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, experience working across different technologies, and the ability to think clearly about problems and choose the right course of action.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be working in a fast-paced, Agile environment consisting of a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers and experts in the biomedical domain. You will be responsible for designing and implementing critical parts of the clinical systems–from back-end through to the front-end, web-based user interfaces.
- Designing, implementing, and delivery high-quality software, applying industry best practices
- Working effectively with other software engineers, project manager, subject matter experts, and clients
- Mentoring more junior members of the team
- Being a productive member of a fast-paced agile team
Skills & Requirements:
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills
- Passion for learning new technologies and the ability to do so quickly
- Ability to write high-quality code efficiently
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field
- At least five (5) years software engineering experience with Java technology
- Relational databases – should be very comfortable writing SQL and defining relational schemas
- Object-oriented design – should be able to use UML effectively and apply design patterns to common problems
- Core JAVA and JVM-based languages (e.g. Groovy)
- Object-relational mapping frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Dependency injection frameworks (e.g. Struts2, Spring MVC)
- XML – should be familiar with XPath, XSL, and XML Schema
- Web services – both SOAP and RESTful
- Built automation (e.g. Ant, Maven, Gradle)
- Dependency management (e.g. Ivy, Maven, Gradle)
- nix environments
- Groovy, Java
- Grails, Spring MVC
- JQuery, Twitter Bootstrap
- Ant, Ivy
If you satisfy the above requirements and…
- You are interested in developing software that can help save human lives
- You are interested in working in a team made up of super talented software developers
- You consider your programming skill a craft that you are constantly improving
- You want your contributions to be valued and appreciated always
- You can communicate and
- You are better than 80% of the software developers you have met…
…then please apply!
SemanticBits designs and develops software for the health and life sciences industry. We have domain expertise in biomedicine and understand the challenges that medical professionals face when managing and sharing data. And, we have the technical skills to create sophisticated semantic-based systems that are easy to use. Our company is run by software engineers, and we know how to build software that works. Software developed by SemanticBits helps in conducting clinical trials across the country that are helping save lives every day. Our software is being used to help decide treatments using genomic data. Our software is making a difference. We are agile, driven, and foster creativity. We have long-term projects and low employee turnover rate. SemanticBits hires people interested in opportunities that go beyond mere job descriptions. Our employees work in a dynamic environment because we respect the talents of every member of our team and encourage creative solutions. We believe in what we are doing —- helping in the fight to cure diseases — and we hire people who are passionate about taking this challenge head on.
SemanticBits is a company that continues to grow not only in its size, but even more so in its professional reputation and prestige. We take pride in our close-knit team of highly talented individuals who work with cutting-edge technologies to find new solutions that address complicated problems in the health and life sciences domain. Our company offers an open work environment that encourages thinking aloud and communicating freely. At SemanticBits, there is no big corporate hierarchy; we, as a team, work together to achieve our goals. We foster a warm and friendly environment with regular happy hours, free coffee and snacks, and monthly brown-bag sessions.
Salary & Benefits
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- Education and conference reimbursement
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee’s contribution
- 100% paid short-term and long-term disability
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual working environment
- Flexible working hours
SemanticBits, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and embraces workplace diversity.
Are you interested in working with us? If so, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter that gives us a bit of insight in your background, your professional expertise, and why you would like to join our team.Apply NowApply Now