SemanticBits is looking for a seasoned Scrum Master/Product Manager to manage the design, the development and delivery of digital health services using a Scrum-based agile software development methodology. You will be working an empowered and engaged Product Owner on a mission critical software product. You will be part of a highly talented, dynamic development team that will be using a set of modern technologies (AngularJS, Node.js, RoR, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, etc.), human-centered design, and DevOps approaches.
- Manage lightweight, living planning documents, like an Agile Product Roadmap
- Conduct all Scrum ceremonies, including Sprint Planning, daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives
- Perform continuous and active backlog grooming
- Support all inter- and intra- team communication
- Calculate ongoing team capacity and velocity
- Help Product Owner with prioritization, risk management, and scope
- Lead working session meetings to discuss scope, schedule and requirements with product owners
- Oversee and manage implementation of various agile techniques such as TDD, BDD, Automated Testing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, DevOps
- Manage product quality, releases and delivery
- Work with stakeholders to accurately report progress, risks, successes, and failures
- Maintain a close working relationship and the product owner, scrum team and other stake holders
- Act as a mentor to ensure development teams work toward the core Scrum principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience playing the Product Manager/Scrum Master role for at least five (5) years for a software development team
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Knowledge of other agile methodologies like Kanban
- Experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Continuous Delivery, Automated Testing
- Expertise with JIRA, Confluence, and the rest of the Atlassian suite and using JIRA’s Agile performance metrics to drive accountability and continuous improvement
- Knowledge of Human Centered Design approach for developing digital services
- First level Scrum Master certification (PSM I, CSM) is highly desirable
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
SemanticBits designs and develops software for the health and life sciences industry. We have domain expertise in biomedicine and understand the challenges that medical professionals face when managing and sharing data. And, we have the technical skills to create sophisticated semantic-based systems that are easy to use. Our company is run by software engineers, and we know how to build software that works. Software developed by SemanticBits helps in conducting clinical trials across the country that are helping save lives every day. Our software is being used to help decide treatments using genomic data. Our software is making a difference. We are agile, driven, and foster creativity. We have long-term projects and low employee turnover rate. SemanticBits hires people interested in opportunities that go beyond mere job descriptions. Our employees work in a dynamic environment because we respect the talents of every member of our team and encourage creative solutions. We believe in what we are doing —- helping in the fight to cure diseases — and we hire people who are passionate about taking this challenge head on.
SemanticBits is a company that continues to grow not only in its size, but even more so in its professional reputation and prestige. We take pride in our close-knit team of highly talented individuals who work with cutting-edge technologies to find new solutions that address complicated problems in the health and life sciences domain. Our company offers an open work environment that encourages thinking aloud and communicating freely. At SemanticBits, there is no big corporate hierarchy; we, as a team, work together to achieve our goals. We foster a warm and friendly environment with regular happy hours, free coffee and snacks, and monthly brown-bag sessions.
Salary & Benefits
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- Education and conference reimbursement
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee’s contribution
- 100% paid short-term and long-term disability
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual working environment
- Flexible working hours
SemanticBits, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and embraces workplace diversity.
Are you interested in working with us? If so, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter that gives us a bit of insight in your background, your professional expertise, and why you would like to join our team.Apply NowApply Now