We are looking for a Cloud Architect that can lead the design and development of modern cloud infrastructure on AWS. You will be the lead of a team of DevSecOps Engineers, setting priorities and direction, mentoring, and designing next generation infrastructure. You will have a strong focus on automation and CI/CD principles, along with extensive experience and a deep understanding of the offerings within AWS with a strong emphasis on security. The ideal candidate will be able to design entire application environments that can be fully automated or replicated including network, compute, and data stores.
SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services, and the work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created. We develop cutting-edge solutions to complex problems for commercial, academic, and government organizations. The systems we develop are used in finding cures for deadly diseases, improving the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people, and revolutionizing the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale. There is a meaningful connection between our work and the real people who benefit from it; and, as such, we create an environment in which new ideas and innovative strategies are encouraged. We are an established company with the mindset of a startup and we feel confident that we offer an employment experience unlike any other and that we set our employees up for professional success every day.
- Develops tools and processes to enable automated deployment and monitoring of cloud infrastructure and applications.
- Automates images, systems/network configuration and orchestration using tools such as Cloud Formation, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Designs and implements CI/CD pipelines to include application and security testing and allowing for development teams to own the pipeline process from end-to-end.
- Implements, improves, and augments infrastructure, application and security monitoring tools and overall platform stability.
- Automating data resiliency and replication based on policies.
- Responsible for managing and operation of environments.
- Mentors engineers and peers.
- Participates in the creation of strategic roadmaps by understanding the needs of the business and mapping technical objectives to those needs.
- Creates high level reference architecture documentation to meet the technology needs of various stakeholders.
- Works autonomously to build customized solutions to meet the business needs.
- Produces, enhances, and executes the deployment of automated tools to increase efficiencies across the organization.
- Effectively communicates solutions architecture to management as well as to business stakeholders and the project teams.
- Improves deployment and release management process.
Experience and Expertise
- Significant experience designing, deploying, and supporting production cloud environments, particularly multi-region/multi-AZ environments.
- Continuous monitoring and logging of all applications layers and all infrastructure (e.g. New Relic, Splunk, CloudWatch)
- Continuous alerting and notification based on monitors and logs (e.g. PagerDuty)
- Hands-on experience with container technologies including Docker
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes a plus, knowledge of Kubernetes required
- Self-healing clusters using robust health-check services and cloud load balancers (e.g. ELB/ALB/ELB, ECS)
- Horizontally scalable compute including autoscaling rules
- Horizontally scalable databases including read replicas
- Automated build, test, and deployment through modern CI/CD
- Infrastructure-as-code via Terraform and CloudFormation
- Configuration-as-code via Ansible
- Security at rest and in transit via encryption
- Security automation using tools like OWASP-ZAP
- Advanced networking concepts and implementation in AWS
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- Education and conference reimbursement
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee’s contribution
- 100% paid short-term and long-term disability
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual working environment
- Flexible office hours
- New laptop (Mac or PC – your choice)