SemanticBits is looking for a full-stack engineer to help us build modern digital health services. The project involves implementing highly interactive and modern web interfaces with Angular/React that will be used by healthcare providers across the country. The system is backed by Node business services implemented in a microservices paradigm. Some of these services will be exposed for public consumption and some are used for enterprise integration. The system will support upwards of tens of thousands of concurrent users. The project will be implemented using an Agile, Scrum-based process that includes Sprint Planning/Review/Retrospectives and daily stand-ups. The team uses human-centered design to implement highly modern, usable interfaces.
This is a remote position and can be fulfilled from any location within the US and its territories. SemanticBits will provide a laptop.
SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services, and the work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created. We develop cutting-edge solutions to complex problems for commercial, academic, and government organizations. The systems we develop are used in finding cures for deadly diseases, improving the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people, and revolutionizing the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale. There is a meaningful connection between our work and the real people who benefit from it; and, as such, we create an environment in which new ideas and innovative strategies are encouraged. We are an established company with the mindset of a startup and we feel confident that we offer an employment experience unlike any other and that we set our employees up for professional success every day.
- Experience developing front-end web user interfaces with Angular is required, React is also acceptable – working with a flux architecture is a plus
- Experience with designing RESTful backend microservices and developing them using Node.js and Express
- Experience with AWS highly preferred
- Experience with build tools like webpack, npm, and gulp/grunt
- Experience with Test-Driven Development using automated testing frameworks such as Mocha, Karma, Jasmine, Sinon, and Protractor
- Experience ensuring your code builds and deploys properly through Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment processes built in Jenkins
- Expertise working as part of a dynamic, interactive Agile team developing and delivering digital services
- Ability to work with and coordinate with other developers using digital tools such as Slack and HipChat
- Experience with version control tools, such as Git
- Knowledge of modern design pattern and building enterprise-grade production applications
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- Education and conference reimbursement
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee’s contribution
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual working environment
- Choice of laptop type (Mac or PC)
- Flexible work hours
SemanticBits, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and embraces workplace diversity.