SemanticBits is seeking a proactive self-starter Staff Accountant responsible for Accounts Payable with some experience in Accounts Receivable and Payroll.
SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services, and the work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created. We develop cutting-edge solutions to complex problems for commercial, academic, and government organizations. The systems we develop are used in finding cures for deadly diseases, improving the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people, and revolutionizing the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale. There is a meaningful connection between our work and the real people who benefit from it; and, as such, we create an environment in which new ideas and innovative strategies are encouraged. We are an established company with the mindset of a startup and we feel confident that we offer an employment experience unlike any other and that we set our employees up for professional success every day.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Receive incoming mail and forward to the correct individual for approval.
- Analyze, verify accuracy and completeness of vendor invoices and documentation,
- identify discrepancies, resolve issues, and determine appropriate course of action
- Accurately and timely code and enter all vendor, subcontractor invoices and employee
- expense reports into Unanet accounting software in compliance with company policies
- and procedures
- Prepare and process payments – ACH, paper checks on a weekly basis
- Provide expense report support to employees
- Maintain good working relationships with all vendors and subcontractors
- Scan and electronically file all payables backup timely with accurate naming conventions
- and detail
- Maintain vendor master file, keeping it up to date with all required documentation to
- ensure proper year end filings.
- Prepare Form 1099s
- Cross trained to be the backup person for Accounts Receivable and Payroll
- Prepare other reconciliations and analysis, and research needed
- Work with the team to work towards an efficient and timely month-end close
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance or Related
- At least 3 years of accounting experience. Government contract accounting experience
- Analytical and organizational skills; Initiative and ability to anticipate next steps
- Word and Excel skills
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- Education and conference reimbursement
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee’s contribution
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual working environment
- Choice of laptop type (Mac or PC)
- Flexible work hours