SemanticBits is looking for a seasoned Agile Scrum Master to manage the design, development and delivery of digital health services using a Scrum-based agile software development methodology. You will be working with an empowered and engaged Product Owner on a mission critical software product. You will be part of a highly talented, dynamic development team that will be using a set of modern technologies (Angular, Node, AWS RDS, MongoDB, etc.), human-centered design, and DevOps approaches.
SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services, and the work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created. We develop cutting-edge solutions to complex problems for commercial, academic, and government organizations. The systems we develop are used in finding cures for deadly diseases, improving the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people, and revolutionizing the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale. There is a meaningful connection between our work and the real people who benefit from it; and, as such, we create an environment in which new ideas and innovative strategies are encouraged. We are an established company with the mindset of a startup and we feel confident that we offer an employment experience unlike any other and that we set our employees up for professional success every day.
- Manage lightweight, living planning documents, like an Agile Product Roadmap.
- Conduct all Scrum ceremonies, including Sprint Planning, daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives
- Perform continuous and active backlog grooming
- Support all inter and intra team communication
- Calculate ongoing team capacity and velocity
- Help Product Owner with prioritization, risk management, and scope
- Lead working session meetings to discuss scope, schedule and requirements with product owners
- Oversee and manage implementation of various agile techniques such as TDD, BDD, Automated Testing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, DevOps
- Manage product quality, releases and delivery
- Work with stakeholders to accurately report progress, risks, successes, and failures
- Maintain a close working relationship with the product owner, scrum team and other stake holders
- Act as a mentor to ensure development teams work toward core the Scrum principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Experience playing the Product Manager/Scrum Master role for at least five (5) years for a software development team.
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Knowledge of other agile methodologies like Kanban
- Experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Continuous Delivery , Automated Testing
- Expertise with JIRA, Confluence, and the rest of the Atlassian suite and using JIRA’s Agile performance metrics to drive accountability and continuous improvement
- Knowledge of Human Centered Design approach for developing digital services
- First level Scrum Master certification (PSM I, CSM) is highly desirable
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- Education and conference reimbursement
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee’s contribution
- 100% paid short-term and long-term disability
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual working environment
- Flexible office hours
- New laptop (Mac or PC – your choice)
SemanticBits, LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are also a veteran-friendly employer.