We are currently seeking a Program Manager to lead a set of Scrum teams in an immersive Agile environment. You will be the primary point of contact for a set of business capabilities being implemented by the Scrum teams below you, each team with a Scrum Master working under your guidance. You will be overseeing 40+ resources across numerous Scrum teams all working to transform healthcare delivery. You will advocate and evangelize a highly tuned Scrum-based Agile methodology, ensuring that the process and project teams self-improve over time.
The software is built using modern technologies, DevOps practices, and cloud-based infrastructure. The work setting is highly dynamic, with numerous project teams (each with multiple Scrum teams) working towards a common vision to deliver an integrated solution.
SemanticBits is a leading company specializing in the design and development of digital health services, and the work we do is just as unique as the culture we’ve created. We develop cutting-edge solutions to complex problems for commercial, academic, and government organizations. The systems we develop are used in finding cures for deadly diseases, improving the quality of healthcare delivered to millions of people, and revolutionizing the healthcare industry on a nationwide scale. There is a meaningful connection between our work and the real people who benefit from it; and, as such, we create an environment in which new ideas and innovative strategies are encouraged. We are an established company with the mindset of a startup and we feel confident that we offer an employment experience unlike any other and that we set our employees up for professional success every day.
- Advocate and spearhead Agile SDLC across teams and with the customer
- Maintain single point responsibility for the overall success of each project within your portfolio
- Hold managerial and administrative authority over designated business capabilities
- Establish communication and set and implement standards with the Scrum teams
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive Agile Program Roadmap for the business capabilities
- Work closely with executive management on the strategic goals and path for the teams
- Ensure stability and growth within the assigned domains
- Handle resource requirements, including supervisory oversight
- Initiate, develop, and grow relationships within the team, across teams, and with the customer
- Pursue new business development opportunities as they present themselves
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management, or related discipline and at least 8 years of experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience working on software development projects.
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Strong familiarity with Agile project management software preferred (eg. Jira).
- Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- React to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Possess leadership skills to motivate your team to follow your direction; setting reasonable, challenging and clear expectations for individuals and holding them accountable
- Ability to be onsite 3-5 days a week in Maryland
- Ability to establish a positive working relationship with the client.
- Previous experience with Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Experience in healthcare domain strongly preferred
- Experience in federal contracting
- Generous base salary
- Three weeks of PTO
- Excellent health benefits program (Medical, dental and vision)
- Education and conference reimbursement
- 401k retirement plan. We contribute 3% of base salary irrespective of employee’s contribution
- 100% paid short-term and long-term disability
- 100% paid life insurance
- Casual working environment
- Flexible office hours